Friday, September 15, 2006

An Aptly Named Alias

Hmmm...several net searches related to bacterially-infected spinach have led visitors here to this tiny square of net-space....alas, a corner with no helpful information about the current public health frenzy. For newsworthier fare, try the FDA, or ABC News.

But the extra attention provides a great opportunity for an update on life in Spinachland. The permanent office space into which my partner and I will be moving our fledgling law practice is about 85% complete. The walls are up and the floors are bare (au revoir, dirty orange carpet). We've got lobby furniture on order, and we're trying to pick out a copier. Tough choice.

I also taught a seminar this week that went pretty well, though it was a challenge to keep up with the needs of the firm, its clients, the move, and the homestead. I'd been hoping to get some cleaning in the homestead done over the weekend, but I'm road-trippin' to Kansas City this weekend to collect some stuff from my sister's basement....three years of free storage is probably more than she'd bargained for, and she's a good do-be for meeting me 1/2-way.

So long for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's too bad that your sister is so cooperative. :( On the other hand, I'm glad all is well at The Firm and that you're keeping your heads above water.

Good luck on the copier. Get one with a good scanner that will take pages in through a feeder. That's the extent of my helpful advice.