Thursday, June 01, 2006

189 hours of May

Ah, the start of a new month.
Somehow refreshing, but not at all relaxing.

I stayed a bit late (9:46pm) to tally my May hours, get them entered, and prepare a game plan for the coming weeks. 189 hours...189 x 12 = 2268. Now I've heard tell of associates billing 2200 hours a year, but I'm pretty sure they're making six figures...I am not. So much for the small-firm lifestyle...

So, here's a little self-pep-post...

I'm hanging in there. The wedding is rapidly approaching (31 days away), and those plans are falling into place. Sure, there are always little things that are left to do, like pick out our song list from the band's repertoire, and hammer out the amount of desired swag with the florist, but we've got things pretty well under control.

I keep hearing (from those who know) that change is in the wind...I'll come home one day to find that the shelves in the refrigerator have been adjusted so that the tortilla shelf holds yogurt.

So I'm gonna learn to like yogurt...pre-mixed if necessary. It'll be okay.
Many people in the world have worries a lot bigger than mine.
I have a home, a career, and a family. I've just got to keep my head above water.

So that's what's new. Thanks to all (especially Baby Lawyer) for checking in, despite my sporadic postings.

More to come soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just tuned in and noticed that the latest entry is from June 1 and that today is, in fact, June 19. I can only assume that this means the wedding (and all of the associated preparations, festivities and general hoopla) is becoming Reality at an alarming rate. I mean "alarming" in the most positive sense, of course. Hope all is well and that legal living isn't getting you down.