Monday, March 27, 2006

No-Office Weekend

Check this out....I went the whole 61-hour span between Friday at 7 and Monday at 8 without setting foot in the office. Props to me!

And what, in lieu of camping out at my desk on the third floor (northern exposure), occupied my time?

Well, there was the city-led fair on Saturday at which the firm sponsored a booth, and I spent a few hours there with a name-partner and another associate urging the local intestates to mend their ways and provide for their children. Work-related time, indeed, but outside the office, so it hardly counts.

And after I poured some Amoco Ultimate into the Toro and gave the string a good yank, I was rewarded with a running mower (not bad after its 5 month siesta), and a few minutes later, a cleaner, shorter lawn. Then off to a hibachi place for the 31st birthday of a classmate, and some catching up with fellow alums. The best gift? This, by far.

On Sunday, after a breakfast of fresh biscuits and honey, I washed cars at a local charity to raise money for its mentoring program. Several hours and a few callouses later, I had earned myself an evening with The New Yorker (or at least this good article fromthe issue I'm reading these days).

So, yeah, a good weekend, and a respite enough to conquer a Monday.

No comments: