Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm Feelin' Sloggy

So Wednesday was spent down in probate court...a rare full-day hearing on a proposed guardianship. Lots of lawyers present; plenty of family emotion, and a very unclear outcome...I don't envy the judge on this one...it's a tough call, even if I think my clients are on the right side.

I didn't sleep much the night before the hearing, or the night after, and tonight feels rather young, it seems, though it's just about midnight and I'm sipping Sleepytime Extra -with Valerian- in the hopes that I'll start getting drowsy soon. Litigation can be exciting, but it rattles my nerves; I'm a T&E-type--not a courtroom song-and-dancer.

Anyhow, "sloggy" means that the firm has loaded me up with a string of non-billable client projects...clean-up duty on old cases that have gone to pasture and need to be rounded up and put out of their misery...trouble is; it's miserable work, because all the old flaws in the cases make them ornery little cusses. And tomorrow, I'll be sloggin' toward the weekend.

And yes, I've got to leave you with some upbeats:
1) I picked LSU over Duke in the office pool (only three of us out of 25 brackets had the same idea). A lucky upset, indeed.

2) I went to see my last pro hockey game of the season, and the home team won in OT.

3) The grass in the yard has started growin' and they hyacinths are in full bloom...time to pull out the Toro and fire up the little-wheeled weekend warrior. Thank goodness for spring.

1 comment:

E. McPan said...

Can I just say I'm so jealous that you get to see live hockey?