Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Plumbers and Clients

G. Spinach is a bit snarly today:

A plumber charged me $1,175 to replace a 3-foot section of PVC pipe. When he quoted me the price, he made it sound like a full-day job, so I c-x'd my appointments for the day, and tried setting up shop at home. It took him just 3 hours, including his trip to the hardware store, and he left me with a giant hole in my dining room wall and the name of a sheet-rock guy. I almost kicked him in the ass as he left the house because his billable rate was twice mine.

So I went on into the office...

A client who sent me a 20-lb box of bank statements two weeks ago sent a follow-up email claiming that it's been a month, and asking why I hadn't contacted her. Par for the course because I've given up parts of two consecutive Saturdays to review statements that prove the bank has been doing it right all along and the client's got no case. Thanks to Presidents' Day, my letter saying so hadn't gotten out the door until yesterday.

Some days you win; other days you put up with plumbers and clients.

No comments: